Experience sunrise from the top of Mount Sinai, one of the most important sacred places in Judaism, Christianity and Islam alike, from where you can see the oldest Christian Monastery still in operation.
Around 10:30 we'll pick you up in Sharm El Sheikh, heading into the very centre of the Sinai peninsula.
Then after approximately two and a half hours by bus, we'll arrive at the mountainous region of the peninsula, where we'll begin our night ascent of Mount Sinai, climbing the 750 steps which lead to the summit. The effort will be worth it, as we'll see the sunrise from the peak, in the very same spot where Moses is said to have received the 10 commandments of the Old Testament.
Having climbed back down, we'll fuel up with the packed breakfasts from the hotel, then visit St. Catherine's Monastery at the foot of the mountain - the oldest in all Christendom. This UNESCO World Heritage Site from the 4th century is surrounded by walls, but crossing them we'll visit the Basilica of the Transfiguration, an Orthodox-Christian temple with a stunning artistic heritage.
The monastery has a large collection of codices, old bibles which make it the second most important collection in the world, only surpassed by the Vatican archives. And outside we'll see the burning bush in which Moses saw an angel, according to the bible.
With the visit to St. Catherine's Monastery over, we'll begin the return journey to Sharm El Sheikh, arriving back there at around 2 pm.
Climbing Mount Sinai means climbing 750 stairs. We recommend that you bring water, as well as wearing comfortable shoes and clothing.
Please ask your hotel to make you a packed breakfast, as this is not included in the price of the excursion.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children under 11|
|Tour in English||
US$ 113.10 US$ 107
Tour in English
AdultsUS$ 113.10 US$ 107
Children under 11US$ 57.10
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Tickets to St. Catherine's Monastery.
5% discount on the official ticket price.
Food and Drink.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.