Feel like Indiana Jones in 'The Last Crusade' with this day trip by boat to Petra, the Jordanian city which was once the capital of the Nabataeans.
Day Trip to Petra
At around 1 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh to begin this excursion.
We'll arrive at the Nuweibaa port, around two hours away on the Sinai Peninsula, where we'll climb aboard the ferry which will take us to Aqaba, around two hours away.
Here we'll climb aboar the bus that will take us to Petra, another two hours, and it is here that we'll visit the Petra archaeological site, the ancient capital of the Nabataeans. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is most famous for 'The Treasury' (Al Khazneh) a stunning temple carved into the sandstone rock, and perhaps most famous as the resting place of the Holy Grail in the film Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
We'll also visit the remains of the ampitheatre and the Corinthian tomb, geniune archaeological jewels in the Jordanian desert. We'll learn about the Nabataean civilisation, and the importance of this place for both Romans and Arabs throughout history through the incredible stories whch this site holds in every stone.
With the visit to the archaeological site complete, we'll refuel with an all you can eat buffet lunch (drinks not inlcuded) in Petra.
Then we'll head back to the Aqaba port by bus, from here taking the ferry up to Nuweibaa, on the Sinai peninsula. From here we'll take the bus back to your hotels, arriving around 10 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11|
|English Language Tour||
US$ 510.10 US$ 501.60
English Language Tour
AdultsUS$ 510.10 US$ 501.60
Children under 11US$ 402
* The price increases on the 30 September
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus and boat.
Entry to the Petra archaeological site.
All you can eat buffet.
2% discount on the official ticket price.
Drinks during the buffet.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.