On this excursion we'll visit the most famous necropolis of the ancient Thebes, where you can find the tombs of pharaohs such as Tutankhamun, Ramses II, Ramses III, Set I and queens such as Nefertari.
Having picked you up at your hotel or boat where you're staying, or train station first thing in the morning we'll leave the centre of the city behind, making our way to the east bank, where you can find the famous necropolis.
Our first stop will be the Valley of the Kings, the giant necropolis containing more than 60 tombs excavated in the rocks. The first king to be buried here was Thutmose I, making it the place of rest for important kings such as Tutankhamun, Ramses II, Ramses III and Set I. During the visit we'll see the most spectacular of their tombs.
Leaving the Valley of the Kings behind we'll head to the Valley of the Queens, where you can find the tombs of princesses and wives of the Pharaohs of the New Kingdom. Among the tombs, you can visit is that of Nefertari, the favourite wife of Ramses II (although the entry fee to this tomb is not included).
Our next stop will be the Temple of Hatshepsut, dedicated to the only woman who ruled over Egypt for an extended period of time. One of the architect Sennenmut's creations, the Hatshepsut Temple is unique, partly carved from rock, and partly made up of terraces.
Back in Luxor, we'll make one last stop at the Colossi of Memnon, two giant stone statues which represent the Pharoah Amenhotep III relaxed, looking out over the Nile and the rising sun.
The tour then finishes, back at the pick up point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour.||
English Language Tour.
Children between 6 and 12US$ 29.70
Children under 6Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Tickets to all monuments visited.
Entry to Nefertiti's tomb (approx € 50 (US$ 59.50)).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will we visit Tutankhamun\'s tomb?
A - This tour does not include a visit to Tutankhamun's tomb. But if you would like to enter, you should pay the ticket once in the Valley of the Kings. The price is $6 or €5.30 approx.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.