This hot air balloon over Luxor means you'll float over the thousand-year-old Luxor temples as the sun rises, allowing you to get a bird's eye view of these majestic remains of the time of the pharaohs.
Luxor Hot Air Balloon
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Luxor first thing in the morning, under cover of darkness and before the day has truly begun. During the transfer to the launch site, you'll warm up with tea, coffee, and a little bit of breakfast.
With the balloon ready, you'll get comfortable inside the basket and enjoy an unforgettable ride over the temples of Luxor, in time with the rising sun. During the 50 minute flight, you'll appreciate how the sun bathes the ancient remains in both orange and crimson light, and its reflection on the River Nile.
You'll see both the Valley of the Kings and the Valley of the Nobles from above, and even see the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, perhaps the most impressive of all for its massive size and seeming unity with the surrounding landscape. No wonder the temple complex, carved into the rock, has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
With the flight over, you'll receive a flight certificate which will accredit you as having experienced this unforgettable morning. And finally, from the landing zone, we'll take you back to your hotel in Luxor.
We recommend that you reserve your hot air balloon ride as early in your holiday as possible. This way, if there is a cancellation due to adverse weather conditions, you can plan to take the ride on a different day.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per PersonUS$ 106.40
Pick up and drop off at your hotel or boat.
Tea or coffee and snacks during the transfer.
50 minute hot air balloon ride.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Luxor local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).