Standing at the crossroads of Europe, Africa and Asia, the famous Suez Canal is one of Egypt's greatest engineering marvels. Discover it with this excursion from Cairo.
Having picked you up from your hotel we leave Cairo, heading North. We'll make our first stop in Ismailía. a city founded in the second half of the 19th century as a centre of operations for the then under construction Suez Canal.
Having made a brief tour of Ismailia, we'll head to the banks of the Suez Canal, and while we walk along with the flow of the water we'll learn the long and storied history of this major infrastructure project, allowing ships to cross from the Mediterranean to the Red Sea without the need to circumnavigate the entire African continent.
And having learnt new anecdotes and fun facts about the history of the Suez Canal, we'll enjoy a typical Egyptian lunch in a restaurant with views of the canal.
With our energy recovered, we'll begin our return journey back to Cairo.
Minimum Group Size
A minimum of 2 people is required to take this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
Children between 6 and 12US$ 39.40
Children under 6Free
* The price increases on the 30 September
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a private, air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Bottle of mineral water.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.