Fall in love with Egypt on this excursion to the Giza pyramids, the Saqqara necropolis and Memphis, once the capital of the country. Our Egyptology expert will take you back almost 5,000 years to the land of the pharaohs...
Pyramids of Giza, Memphis and Saqqara Itinerary
We'll pick you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, hitting the road towards Giza, a city found 20 kilometres from Cairo.
Once there we'll have three hours to enjoy sights that will be permanently etched in your mind's eye - the Sphinx, and the three largest and most famous pyramids in the country, built for the pharaohs Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure.
At lunchtime, we stop to enjoy a typical menu which includes, among other dishes, delicious grilled chicken kebabs with vegetables, hummus, tahini, and Arabic bread. For dessert: sweet pastries and a refreshing fruit salad.
Then, with energy to face the afternoon, we'll make our way to the Saqqara necropolis, one of the most important links we have to the history of ancient Egypt where, amongst other things, you can see the pyramid of Djoser: the first of Egypt's great pyramids.
In Saqqara we'll also visit the tomb of vizier Mehu, which was recently opened to the public for the first time since its discovery in the 1940s. This high ranking official in the sixth dynasty was buried with honours away from the reach of tomb robbers, meaning the hieroglyphs which decorate it are still exceptionally well conserved.
Our final stop will be Memphis, the old capital of Egypt, a real open-air museum where you can see, among other monuments, the impressive 83 ton, 11-metre tall sculpture of Ramses II and the Alabaster Sphynx.
The tour then ends back at your hotel.
See the inside of the pyramids
If you're brave enough, and aren't claustrophobic, you can enter the pyramids of Khafra and Menkaure (100 Egyptian pounds, about 6 USD) or the Great Pyramid (360 Egyptian pounds, about 21 USD - highly recommended!). Tickets are bought there and then in cash, in local currency.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children from 6 to 12US$ 42.50
Children under 6Free
* The price increases on the 30 September
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
Entry to the Khafra and Menkaure pyramids (100 Egyptian pounds, about 6 USD).
Entry to the Great Pyramid (360 Egyptian pounds, about 21 USD).
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.