Travel to Jordan by plane, and discover the remains of Petra, the ancient capital of the Nabataeans, along with the mysteries of this architectural jewel.
Having picked you up at your hotel in Cairo, we'll make our way to the international airport to take a plane to Amman.
Once we arrive at the Jordanian terminal, we'll make our way by bus to the Petra archaeological site. There we'll take a tour of the historical monument, all the while guided by an English speaking guide. The Nabataeans excavated various temples in the sheer rock cliffs of this desert region, and we'll visit some of the most important, such as the Al-Khazneh or 'The Treasury'. This monument, the best known within the complex has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The tour then continues visiting the tombs of Petra, where we'll see why the necropolis is one of the most valuable historical sites in the Middle East. Does it remind you of anything? The place is perhaps most famous for its role as the Holy Grail's resting place in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, appearing also in 'Transformers'.
With the tour around the site complete, we'll fuel up with lunch in Petra. After this, we'll head back to Aman to take the return flight to Cairo, and from there return to your hotel by bus.
Two days in Aman
If you would like, you can complete your experience by adding another day in Aman. In this case, having finished the visit and lunch in Petra we'll take you to a central hotel in the Jordanian capital, where we'll eat and stay for the night. The next day you'll have breakfast in the hotel, and we'll take you on a guided tour of the centre of Aman, highlighting major monuments such as the Roman theatre, the Citadel, the Mosques...
With the tour of Aman complete, we'll make our way to the Jordanian airport to take a flight to Cairo, and from there we'll head to your hotel in the Egyptian capital.
To travel to Jordan it's important that you have a valid passport.
In the Jordan airport, you must pay relevant arrival and departure fees, which come to approximately 60 US dollars in total.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Excursion to Petra||
|Excursion to Petra + extra day in Aman||
Excursion to Petra
Per PersonUS$ 845.50
Excursion to Petra + extra day in Aman
Per PersonUS$ 1,095
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Return flights between the hotel and Cairo airport.
Return plane tickets to Aman.
Transfer between Aman airport and Petra.
English speaking guide.
Lunch in Petra.
Extra night in Aman (optional).
Guided tour of Aman (optional).
Visa fees upon entry to Jordan ($60, payable at the airport).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 7 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.