Head south from Cairo and you'll find one of the most incredible natural spaces in Egypt: the Fayoum Oasis. Discover it, where history and nature meet.
Having picked you up at your hotel, we'll head southwards to see the fertile landscape of the Fayoum Oasis. No, it's no mirage, but a real and present experience!
The oasis takes up a vast swathe of land close to the canals of the river Nile. Ancient Egyptians were fully aware in fact of the relevance of this place, evidence for which is provided by the Meidum Pyramid, one of the oldest pharaonic pyramids, dating from around 2,600 BC.
Then we'll pass through the city of Fayoum, eventually reaching Lake Qarun, one of the most important areas of the Oasis. Its salty waters are found below sea level, and it boasts an enormous surface of several hundred square kilometres. On its banks, we'll visit the Kas Karun archaeological site, an old settlement where temples and fortresses from different historical periods can still be found.
Then we'll fuel up with lunch on the banks of Lake Qarun: here we can appreciate the rich local fauna, especially famous for its large number of birds. Then in the evening, we'll begin our return journey, back to the hotels of Cairo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
Children from 6 to 12US$ 37.80
Children under 6Free
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Meidum Pyramid.
Entry to the Qarun archaeological site.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Cairo local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Does the tour include pick up from Giza?
A - Yes.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.