Ramses II left behind one of Egypt's great monumental complexes for posterity: the temples of Abu Simbel. Decode their secrets on this excursion.
We'll pick you up at your hotel to make our way to the Cairo Airport, where we'll take a flight to Abu Simbel, found in the South of Egypt.
The second we touch solid ground, we'll head to the architectural area to make a guided tour of the Abu Simbel temples. Ramses II, known as the 'builder pharaoh' ordered the construction of enormous monuments in this area of Nubia as a testament to his hegemony. The construction of the Aswan dam in 1960 endangered these temples known as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, but they were moved, ensuring they would live on forever.
Having won the battle of Qadesh against his Anatolian enemies, Ramses II wanted to amaze his subjects with a great temple dedicated to the Gods. We'll learn about the mysteries which surround this enigmatic place, entering through the main door, where two enormous sculptures of Ramses II himself will receive us.
We'll also visit the Smaller Temple, dedicated to Nefertari, the favourite wife of Ramses II. The facade of the building is truly stunning, and here you can put your knowledge of Hieroglyphs to the test, deciphering some of the text carved into the rock. Then we'll head inside, continuing to solve the enigmas which the fascinating world of ancient Egypt always hides.
With the visit to the archaeological site over, we'll head to the nearby Abu Simbel airport, just 20 minutes away from the temples. From there we land in Cairo and will take you back to your hotel.
The flight may be direct, or could stop in Aswan. This will be told to the passengers when arriving to the airport.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per PersonUS$ 625.90
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Return transport to and from Cairo Airport.
Plane tickets between Cairo and Abu Simbel.
Transport between Abu Simbel Aiport and the temples.
Tickets to all temples visited.
English speaking guide.
Food and Drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 7 days before (Cairo local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is the flight to Abu Simbel direct?
A - Depending on the day it may be direct or may make a stop in Aswan.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.