Cross the River Nile on board a traditional felucca, to discover the most authentic village in Egypt, Gharb Soheil, where you can see the daily life of the Nubians.
Having picked you up at the hotel or boat where you're staying we'll make our way to a small port where we board the boat we'll use to cruise the Nile, once infested with crocodiles.
Once we cross the Nile, and having had the opportunity to swim and relax on a golden beach, the adventure continues on camelback, as we head to our destination: Gharb Soheil, better known as the Nubian Village. Nubia was the part of Africa located between the South of Egypt and the North of Sudan.
You'll know you've reached your destination when you begin to see its unusual coloured houses, its food and spice stalls and the distinctive population: the most authentic in all Egypt.
In the village, we'll pass through the market and take a look at some of the houses to see what lies behind their colourful façades. You'll also be able to try the local food and traditional teas, as well as listening to their music and trying a henna tattoo on for size.
After the visit we'll return on the same road, arriving at the departure point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children between 6 and 12US$ 22.60
Children under 6Free
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Motor boat or traditional felucca cruise.
Camel ride to the Nubian Village.
Drinks during the journey.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Aswan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.