A cruise on the Nile is something no traveller to Egypt should miss. You'll feel the power of the river that gave life to the Egyptian empire, from the deck of a traditional felucca boat.
You'll climb on board the felucca, a traditional Egyptian boat with distinctive birdlike wings, to begin a tranquil hour and a half cruise on the majestic waters of the Nile, one of the longest and most famous rivers in the world. This is the river so intimately linked with the life and livelihoods of the Egyptian people over centuries, the 6,000-kilometre river with its enigmatic source, and symbol of the country that nonetheless crosses 10 different nations on its winding route to the sea.
Throughout the hour and a half on board, you'll enjoy some of the most emblematic spots on the banks of the Nile: the famous Elephantine, whose shape from above closely resembles that of an elephant, and Kitchener Island, also known as the Aswan Botanical Garden, whose plant species have, throughout the years developed into a green oasis in the middle of the Egyptian desert.
With the route over, and yourselves still well and truly in love with the magic of the Nile, the tour returns to the departure point in Aswan.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
US$ 11.30 US$ 10.20
Per PersonUS$ 11.30 US$ 10.20
1 hour 30 minutes.
90 minute felucca cruise.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Aswan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).