Travel back in time sailing past Ancient Egyptian temples on this four-day cruise on Lake Nasser. Explore Abu Simbel, Kalabsha and more on this unforgettable tour!
Lake Nasser Cruise: 4 Days from Aswan
At 10 am on the first day of your Lake Nasser adventure, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Aswan and take you to the shore near Abu Simbel to board the comfortable cruise ship moored nearby. Once we've settled in on board, we'll enjoy a delicious lunch to build up our strength ready for our afternoon's activity.
After eating, we'll embark on a guided tour of the Abu Simbel temples, a lasting monument to the 13th century BC Pharaoh Ramesses II and his queen Nefertari. We'll discover the enormous rock temples, originally carved into the mountainside over 3,200 years ago and moved to this location in the 1960s when Lake Nasser was created with the building of the Aswan Dam. Following our guided tour, you'll have free time to explore at your own pace, before we meet back up again to have dinner with a light and sound show in Abu Simbel. Watch in awe as the colossal sculptures of Ramesses are illuminated with fascinating projections.
We'll then head back to the boat after a full day to relax ready for the next day.
Having eaten an energising breakfast in the boat's restaurant, we'll sail to the ancient citadel of Qasr Ibrim. As well as learning all about the history of the strategically-placed fortress, we'll visit the nearby Temple of Amada. Did you know that this is the oldest Egyptian temple in Nubia, built around the 15th century BC? We'll also make stops at the Temple of Derr and the Tomb of Pennut. The latter, a mausoleum belonging to a wealthy governor under Ramesses IV, hides numerous unresolved mysteries... intrigued? At the end of our guided visits of these ancient sites, we'll return to the ship for lunch and to continue cruising on Lake Nasser.
On the third day of your cruise, we'll drop anchor next to the ruins of Wadi es-Sebua, which translates as the Valley of the Lions - you'll soon see why as we approach the temples of this archaeological site. We'll delve into ancient Egyptian history visiting the Temples of Dakka and Mahrraqa, two ancient sanctuaries where you'll get to learn all about the Egyptian gods they were dedicated to. We'll conclude this day enjoying the delicious gastronomy on board the cruise ship as we sail towards Aswan.
We'll eat our breakfast while watching a spectacular sunrise over the Aswan Dam. Then, after a memorable start to the final day of our cruise, we'll disembark to explore the Temple of Kalabsha. Here, at the biggest Egyptian temple to be moved and one of the best examples of the ancient civilisation's architecture, we'll try to uncover the secrets hidden in the different areas of the complex, like the Temple of Qertassi. At the end of our guided tour, we'll transfer you to your hotel in Aswan, or if you'd prefer, three hours before the departure of your flight, we can drop you off at the airport in Aswan so you can check in and go through security without hurry.
What's the cruise ship like?
Our four-day cruise on Lake Nasser will take place aboard the Nubian Sea or a similar boat.
Note on prices
The indicated price per person is based on two people sharing a double cabin. Single travellers must pay an individual supplement, and children over 12 years old must pay as adults.
Important: accommodation in Aswan before the cruise
This four-day cruise on Lake Nasser begins on a Friday, on which day you'll be picked up from your hotel in Aswan at 10 am. We therefore recommend that you spend the night before (Thursday night) in Aswan, so that you are centrally located for pick up for the first day of your cruise. Accommodation in Aswan is not included in the price of the tour. Please bear in mind that if you plan to arrive in Aswan on the Friday, you may not arrive in time and risk missing boarding time for the cruise.
Want to spend longer on the cruise?
If you've got an extra day to spare on your trip to Egypt, why not spend an extra day on the cruise, booking our Five Day Cruise on Lake Nasser.
From 20th December to 2nd January (Christmas), and the 28th of March to the 4th of April 2021 (Easter), refunds will not be available in the event of cancellation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
|Lake Nasser Cruise||
Lake Nasser Cruise
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 297.10
Children under 6 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
3 nights' full board accommodation on the cruise ship on Lake Nasser.
All entrance fees, excursions and guided tours as described in the itinerary.
English speaking guide on tours.
Accommodation in Aswan the night before the cruise.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.