On this tour, we'll visit three very different temples, from the Roman era Kalabasha, to mausoleums carved from the rock such as Beit El-Wali, from the time of Ramses II.
Having picked you up at your boat or hotel first thing in the morning, we'll hit the road southwards to the Aswan dam, found 13 miles from the city.
Our first stop will be the Kalabsha temple, in homage to Mandulis, the Nubian Sun God similar to the Egyptian Horus. The temple was built during the Roman period, around 30 A.D. and at 76 metres long and 22 wide it too was moved to make way for the Aswan dam.
The next stop is Beit el-Wali, a little temple from the time of Ramses II, which was excavated in the rock and dedicated to Amon-Ra. It boasts a patio decorated with scenes from the military campaigns of Ramses II against the Lybians, Asians, Ethiopians, and the Kingdom of Kush.
The last temple we'll visit is the Kiosk of Qertassi, dedicated to Isis, with its main entrance flanked by two columns, presided over by the head of the Goddess Hathor. This temple was also moved for the Aswan dam.
Then after the tour, we'll take you back to the boat or hotel where you're staying.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour.||
US$ 29.70 US$ 23.80
English Language Tour.
Children between 6 and 12US$ 29.70 US$ 23.80
Children under 6Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Expert egyptologist guide.
Tickets to all temples visited.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.