Make the most of your time in Egypt visiting its spectacular ancient temples on this five day cruise on Lake Nasser from Aswan.
5 Day Cruise on Lake Nasser
These five unforgettable days exploring southern Egypt will begin when you're picked up from your hotel in Aswan at 10 am on the first day. We'll take you to the shores of Lake Nasser, where our cruise ship awaits us. After embarking, settling in and having lunch on the ship, you'll have the rest of the day free to take in the views of the imposing Aswan Dam from the deck.
After a hearty breakfast in the ship restaurant, we'll set foot back on dry land, and more specifically on the island on which the Temple of Kalabsha is located. We'll explore the massive complex of archaeological remains, amongst which the Temple of Qertassi stands out as a particular highlight, thought to be dedicated to one of the most enigmatic female deities of Ancient Egypt: the goddess Isis. Following our guided tour of Kalabsha, we'll return to the boat for lunch and continue our journey on Lake Nasser.
Today, we'll visit the ruins of Wadi es-Sebua, or the Valley of the Lions, where we'll be exploring the incredible Temples of Dakka and Mahrraqa. History, legends and ancient beliefs merge to form an enchanting mysticism that you're sure to feel as you stroll around the archaeological site. The sacred sites of this area of Nubia give us fascinating insight into the Egyptian deity Thoth, the ancient god of writing, wisdom, music... and spells! After discovering the enigmas of this respected and highly venerated deity of Pharaonic Egypt, we'll return to the cruise ship to eat and relax ready for the rest of our adventure.
Our cruise will continue due south on Lake Nasser. From the ship's deck, we'll be able to make out the ancient citadel of Qasr Ibrim and the Temples of Derr and Amada. The latter, whose construction began under the reign of Thutmosis III, is considered to be the oldest in Nubia. In the afternoon, after eating lunch on board the boat, we'll dock next to one of the most emblematic archaeological sites in Egypt: Abu Simbel. The colossal sculptures of Pharaoh Ramesses II and of his queen Nefertari will leave you speechless at their sheer size, and if we look closely, we might even find the answers to many of the mysteries of Ancient Egypt... but maybe not!
The last evening of our cruise will be spent in a truly memorable way: we'll attend dinner and a light and sound show at Abu Simbel. Illuminations, projections and music will create a unique perspective on the ancient monument. We'll then return to the ship to spend one final night on board, anchored close to the Abu Simbel sculptures.
After breakfast on board the cruise ship, we'll leave Lake Nasser behind and make the journey from Abu Simbel to Aswan by road. Once we're in the city, if you'd like, we can drop you off at the airport three hours before the departure of your flight.
What's the cruise ship like?
Our five-day cruise on Lake Nasser will take place aboard the Nubian Sea or a similar boat.
Note on prices
The indicated price per person is based on two people sharing a double cabin. Single travellers must pay an individual supplement, and children over 12 years old must pay as adults.
Important: accommodation in Aswan before the cruise
This five-day cruise on Lake Nasser begins on a Friday, on which day you'll be picked up from your hotel in Aswan at 10 am. We therefore recommend that you spend the night before (Thursday night) in Aswan, so that you are centrally located for pick up for the first day of your cruise. Accommodation in Aswan is not included in the price of the tour. Please bear in mind that if you plan to arrive in Aswan on the Friday, you may not arrive in time and risk missing boarding time for the cruise.
Don't have five days for your cruise?
If you're short on time, why not take a look at our Lake Nasser Four Day Cruise instead?
From 20th December to 2nd January (Christmas), and the 28th of March to the 4th of April 2021 (Easter), refunds will not be available in the event of cancellation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
|Lake Nasser Cruise||
Lake Nasser Cruise
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 394.70
Children under 6 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
4 nights' full board accommodation on the cruise ship on Lake Nasser.
All entrance fees, excursions and guided tours as described in the itinerary.
English speaking guide on tours.
Accommodation in Aswan the night before the cruise.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Do I need to get a Covid PCR test to be able to return to my home destination from Egypt?
A - First, check the policies of your home country. If you do need it, we will take you to a local clinic and there you'll be able to have your test done. The approximate cost is 80 euros per person, which you'll have to pay on the day of the test.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.