On this tour, we'll sail the Nile and visit the Valley of the Princes, as well as two of its most famous islands, Kitchener and Sehel. On this last island, you can find one of the most important monuments in the country: the Famine Stela
Having picked you up at your boat or the hotel where you're staying we'll make our way to the East bank of the Nile, taking a boat from there to Sehel island.
Once on the island, we'll see one of Egypt's hidden gems, the Famine Stela, a natural rock depicting the Pharoah making an offering to the gods Anuket, Sater and Khnum. Below can be found a 32 line text which narrates the story of Pharoah Djoser asking the gods that the Nile flood, to end seven years of drought. In thanks, the Pharaoah built the temples on Elephantine.
Our next stop is the Qubbet el-Hawa Necropolis, known as the Valley of the Princes. Here have been excavated various tombs of high ranking Egyptian officials and nine intact mummies from the Pharaonic period, including one of a crocodile.
Returning to our boat, we'll sail to Kitchener Island, an island on the Nile which was converted into a botanical garden in 1928. In this paradise full of trees, flowers, unusual plants and exotic birds, you'll feel yourself briefly transported to another country.
Sailing the Nile once more, we'll take your back to your boat or hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
US$ 66.80 US$ 60.70
US$ 27.30 US$ 21.80
English Language Tour
AdultsUS$ 66.80 US$ 60.70
Children between 6 and 12US$ 27.30 US$ 21.80
Children under 6Free
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Bus transport with air conditioning.
Felucca or motor boat transport to the islands.
English speaking guide.
Tickets to the places visited.
9% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.