Why was the falcon-headed deity Horus one of the most important sacred figures of Ancient Egypt? Discover fascinating secrets on this guided tour of the temples of Edfu and Kom Ombo from Aswan.
Edfu & Kom Ombo Temples Tour Itinerary
Having been picked up from your hotel in Aswan, you'll make your way to the north, past scorching arid desert and through the fertile riverside plains marked by the course of the Nile.
After a little over an hour's drive, you'll make the first stop of your day trip in Kom Ombo. The town is home to the ruins of a unique Egyptian temple, unusual for the fact that it is a double temple dedicated to two different deities: Sobek and Haroeris. Halls, courts and sanctuaries all have their almost identical twin in this sacred complex. The over-2000-year-old stone structures are decorated with mysterious hieroglyphics... will you be able to decipher their meaning?
A short five minute walk away from the temple, you'll reach another unusual site: the Crocodile Museum. As you take in the sight of these millennia-old mummified reptiles, learn why the scaly animals were so revered in Ancient Egypt.
Following a well-deserved break for lunch in a local restaurant in Kom Ombo, you'll set off for the next part of your tour.
Arriving in Edfu, a town on the banks of the river Nile about halfway between Aswan and Luxor, you'll then visit the Temple of Horus. The falcon-headed deity was one of the most important gods throughout all of Ancient Egyptian history, but the sacred figure remains shrouded in many mysteries. Discover why the divine being was so significant in the religious, political and cultural life of Pharaonic Egypt.
At the end of a fascinating day, you'll be returned to your hotel in Aswan.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Per personUS$ 91
* The price increases on the 30 September
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
Entrance to places on the visit.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.