On this tour we'll see the greatness of humankind's achievements today and yesterday. And as well as visiting the beautiful Philae temple, and the Unfinished Obelisk (the largest in the world) we'll see the Aswan Dam, one of the 20th century's largest engineering projects.
Having picked you up at your hotel or boat, we'll leave the historic centre behind to make our way to the Aswan Dam.
This dam is one of the largest of the 20th century, finished in 1970 and constructed to protect Egypt from the annual flooding of the Nile, the second largest river in the world.
Our next stop will be the unfinished Obelisk, located in a granite pit from the reign of Queen Hatshepsut. Had it been finished, it would have been the largest obelisk in Ancient Egypt, at 42 metres tall and weighing 1,200 tonnes.
Leaving the quarry behind the tour makes its way to Agilika island, between the old and new Aswan dam, where the beautiful Philae Temple can be found. This temple is dedicated to the goddess Isis, and is one of the four places where the legend of Isis, Osiris and Horus takes place.
Then with the tour over we'll take you back to the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 6 and 12US$ 28.30
Children under 6Free
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Tickets to all monuments and attractions.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Aswan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.