On this tour we'll see the greatness of humankind's achievements today and yesterday. And as well as visiting the beautiful Philae temple, and the Unfinished Obelisk (the largest in the world) we'll see the Aswan Dam, one of the 20th century's largest engineering projects.
Having picked you up at your hotel or boat, we'll leave the historic centre behind to make our way to the Aswan Dam.
This dam is one of the largest of the 20th century, finished in 1970 and constructed to protect Egypt from the annual flooding of the Nile, the second largest river in the world.
Our next stop will be the unfinished Obelisk, located in a granite pit from the reign of Queen Hatshepsut. Had it been finished, it would have been the largest obelisk in Ancient Egypt, at 42 metres tall and weighing 1,200 tonnes.
Leaving the quarry behind the tour makes its way to Agilika island, between the old and new Aswan dam, where the beautiful Philae Temple can be found. This temple is dedicated to the goddess Isis, and is one of the four places where the legend of Isis, Osiris and Horus takes place.
Then with the tour over we'll take you back to the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 6 and 12US$ 30.30
Children under 6Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Tickets to all monuments and attractions.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.