See the temples of Abu Simbel on a two-day tour, and be fascinated by the majesty by night. Ancient Egypt in all its splendour!
Having picked you up at your hotel, we'll leave Aswan heading southwards. Once we arrive at the banks of Lake Nasser we'll take a guided tour of Abu Simbel. During our tour of this well known architectural site, we'll see the Great Temple of Ramses II, presided over by colossal sculptures of the Egyptian Pharoah.
On our tour, we'll also visit the Temple of Nefertari, dedicated to the favourite wife of Pharoah Ramses II, full of hieroglyphs and enigmas to be solved as the tour goes on.
Then you'll have free time to eat lunch wherever you like nearby, then we'll meet again as evening falls, ready for the Abu Simbel Night Show. In this show, the monuments are lit up with various projections which, accompanied by music, narrate the history of Ancient Egypt.
Then with the show over, we'll head to a nearby hotel, the Seti Abu Simbel Hotel, to eat dinner and spend the night. This hotel is subject to availability, but you will always be offered a hotel of a similar standard.
With batteries charged after a delicious breakfast in our hotel in Abu Simbel we'll begin the return journey to Aswan, arriving between 12 and 1 pm.
Minimum Group Size
The minimum group size for this tour is 2 people.
From 20th December to 2nd January (Christmas), and the 28th of March to the 4th of April 2021 (Easter), refunds will not be available in the event of cancellation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per PersonUS$ 274
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a private, air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Abu Simbel archaeological site.
Overnight stay in Abu Simbel with dinner and breakfast.
Lunch in Abu Simbel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.