Discover the extraordinary historical heritage of this city founded by Alexander the Great, where Greek, Roman, and Egyptian cultures mix.
Having picked you up at your hotel or in the port in Alexandria, depending on where you are staying, we'll visit the Qaitbay Citadel first of all. This fortress rises majestically in front of the Mediterranean sea, where the legendary Lighthouse of Alexandria was once found. Its destruction following several earthquakes meant its remains were used in the 15th century to make the Qaitbay fortress, named after the sultan who ordered its construction.
We'll make our next stop at the Kom el Shoqafa catacombs, diving into the tunnels and galleries of this Roman necropolis to appreciate up close its extraordinary reliefs. These are different compositions cut into the rock, fusing Egyptian elements with Greco-Roman style. And when leaving the catacombs we'll see a nearby archaeological site where Pompey's Pillar can be found, one of the last vestiges of the old temple dedicated to the god Serapis.
Afterwards, we'll make a stop on the road to charge our batteries, eating lunch on the banks of the Mediterranean. The menu includes Alexandrian specialities such as fish and rice with seafood. Then in the evening, the tour continues to the New Alexandria Library - a modern building which pays homage to the old library, now long gone, which brought together one of the most important collections of papyrus in the world.
With the guided tour of Alexandria complete, we'll take your back to your hotel, or the port.
Pick up Point
On this excursion we'll pick you up from your hotel, or if you've arrived by cruise ship, at the port. All you have to do is comment where you would like to be picked up when making your reservation
Children under 12 can't visit the Alexandria library, instead, they can visit the Children's Museum.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
Children from 6 to 12US$ 40.60
Children under 6Free
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Kom el Shoqafa catacombs.
Entry to the New Alexandria Library.
Bottle of mineral water.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.