See the pyramids of Khufu, Khafra and Menkaure, totally unmissable when visiting Egypt. The archaeological complex at Giza, near Cairo, will surprise you from the first minute.
We'll pick you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, or at the Alexandria port, whichever you prefer, to hit the road towards the Egyptian capital.
Once we arrive in Cairo, the tour heads straight for the Giza pyramids, found on the outskirts of the city. We'll make a guided tour through this legendary archaeological site, made up of the pyramids and burial tombs of pharaohs Khufu, Khafra and Menkaure, who immortalised their legacies with these constructions. We'll learn about their main mysteries, many of which are still being investigated by Egyptologists. And next to the pyramids lies the famous Sphynx of Giza, the inheritor of an astonishing secret...
Having explored the historical site, we'll return to the capital to take a guided tour of the Cairo Egyptian Museum. Among hundreds of pharaonic pieces there is one very special one, characterised by its golden colour: supposedly it's the funeral mask of Tutankhamun, discovered in 1922 by the English archaeologist Howard Carter in 1922.
We'll recharge our batteries with lunch in the centre of Cairo, then will visit the Coptic neighbourhood, one of the most historical parts of the city. We'll see its most famous monument, The Hanging Church, whose name comes from its location: built over the remains of the old Babylonian fortress.
Last thing in the evening we finally head back to Alexandria.
Pick up Point
On this excursion we'll pick you up from your hotel, or if you've arrived by cruise ship, at the port. All you have to do is comment where you would like to be picked up when making your reservation
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
Children between 6 and 12US$ 45.60
Children under 6Free
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Pick up and drop off in Alexandria.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Cairo Egyptian Museum.
Entry to the hanging church.
Bottle of water.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Alexandria local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Does the activity include civil liability insurance?
A - Yes.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.